At the beginning of September, PEERS (our local vintage dance society) is doing "The Mikado Ball: A Topsy-Turvy Event" and (since we have other events that need it too) I'm doing some Japanese costume for it.

I'm looking for some good resources on Japanese clothes to help me along the way.

Here's what I've already got:
Folkwear 151: Japanese Hakama and Kataginu
John Marshall's _Make Your Own Japanese Clothes_
Jenni Dobson's _Making Kimono and Japanese Clothes_
Norio Yamanaka's _The Book of Kimono_
_A Step to Kimono and Kumihimo_ (no author credited, Kyoto Kimono Gakuin)
Alan Kennedy's _Japanese Costume: History and Tradition_
(and a few other things)

I've also got a few websites bookmarked at <http://del.icio.us/bovil/costume>

So at this point I'm likely doing Edo period costume; the patterns and books I have are sufficient for that. Does anybody have better resources on earlier Japanese costume, say Heian and Kamakura styles?

andy