In a message dated 8/21/2007 5:27:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

True  sweet tea is made by adding the sugar when the tea is still warm,
so that  it dissolves completely.

Yes that's it. The sugar is usually put in while the tea is steeping. My
mother used to make the tea without the sugar and, while she was boiling water,

she's make up some simple syrup... y'know sugar in boiling water... put that
on  the table in a cream pitcher so the "yankees" wouldn't be upset and
everyone  could sweeten their tea as they pleased.

I hate iced tea...sweet or not. I guess I'm about the only Southerner that
does.