Heather and wallflower are lovely too, and very easy to care for. The
purple heather that you find in the PacNWet blooms in the spring and
fall. Plant it in peat moss, see that it's watered once a weekand feed it
with a general plant food every few months. It puts out a beautiful
cloverlike flower and the bees love it. excellent if you live in an area
hit by bee blight--help those little creatures recover.

Wallflower is a bush with thin leaves and throws out beautiful stalks of
blooms. Plant it in regular soil, and care for as you would heather.
Again, bees love it.

Prune both plants back from time to time--heather for shaping (as it
grows, it becomes excellent ground cover) and the wallflower stalks  back
to the bush level as the blooms die off. It also covers ground well. It
likes medium to full sunlight; my heather grows in a mostly shaded area
and doesn't seem to mind.

Enjoy your beautiful garden and the compliments!

Arlys