On Tuesday 28 August 2007, Julie wrote:
[snip]

> *************************
> Wow!  I found it from $81 to $300 but no pictures, darn it.  I'd have to
> see a bood that expensive before I bought it.  Thanks for the lead.

I sympathize.  The book itself, however, is loaded with color illustrations,
both reconstruction drawings and renderings of period artwork.

I got my copy from the Chicago Museum of Art (or whatever it's proper name is)
back in the early 1990s for $50 USD; don't know if they still carry it or
not.  You can also try ILL,

Here's something more immediately useful.  Amazon.com is selling used copies,
(no cheaper than the ones you located, alas) so they have a page for the
book.  That page has two customer images of inside pages.  You may find them
helpful in deciding what to do.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-images/0835118223/sr=11-1/qid=1188348158/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_all/002-2070128-7904032?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1188348158&sr=11-1#gallery

If this URL doesn't render well, plugging the book's ISBN into Amazon's search
box (ISBN:  0835118223) should pull the page for you.  Good luck!

--
Cathy Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information
available."-- Gregory Benford