Hello Joy,

thanks for your long list:

1. Hill and Bucknell,   The Evolution of Fashion, Pub.  B.T.Batsford.

I actually own that one and have it here! Yes, there is a 1830s man's
outfit there. I should try to draft that myself but don't really have
the time (I think). The pattern sketches in there are quite rough and
the remarks relatively sparse. "trousers: cut with a front fall" huh?
how? That's precisely what I don't know how to do and need a pattern
for. I have a (general) problem with patterns for pants/trousers. But
it's a great resource to give me ideas. Then also, the frock from
Tailors Guide is double-breasted and the one in Hill& Bucknell
single-breasted.

2. Norah Waugh, The Cut of Men's Clothes 1600-1900, Pub  Faber and Faber.

I apparently have the wrong book by Waugh here! and also by Arnold :-(
just missing that one period for men.

4. Edited R.L. Shep, Late Georgia Costume, Contains The Tailor's
friendly  Instructor (1822), The Art of Tying the Cravat (1828), Pub.
R.L. Shep.

Thanks a ton for all the advice..

::
Bar bara Ma rien