On Wednesday 07 November 2007, [Robin Netherton] wrote:
> I’m gathering information for the planning stages of a new project, and I’d
> love to get input from the people on this list.
>
> If you could consult a reference book that was an encyclopedia of clothing
> and textiles in the British Isles (including Ireland) in the Middle Ages
> (defined as Anglo-Saxon period through 1450), what entries would you expect
> to find in it?

Here's some that occur to me, focused as I am on the early part of the period
you cite:

peplos
diamond twill
lozenge twill
broken lozenge twill
use of beads in costume
use of embroidery in costume
veils
warp-weighted loom
horizontal loom
linen
linen production
dyes
madder
nalbinding (the "Coppergate sock" could be an entry as well)

--
Cathy Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool
than to open it and remove all doubt."-- Mark Twain