> My suggestion isn't so much the headwords as something to include> alongside
> the headwords-- their counterparts in other languages. For> example, it's
> braies in French, but breeches in English, Bruche in> German, and what about
> Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, etc.?
It would be beyond the scope of the encyclopedia to try to address this
comprehensively in all cases, but given that the English used terms from other
languages (particularly French) to describe various fashions, there's going to
be some non-English terminology creeping in. It will be up to the authors of
the individual articles to consider whether and how to address this in each
case ... but it's a point I'll make sure is raised early on. Thanks for
mentioning it.

--Robin