Thanks Wanda,

Like everyone, I have a budget.. so journals (particularly the expensive Maney ones) are usually dropped in favor of books. Many look quite interesting.. if only I qualified for the student rate!

Beth

At 01:00 PM 11/17/2007, you wrote:
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 18:39:02 -0800
From: "Wanda Pease" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Beth,  I have the Dress book already from David Brown. I went to the Barnes
and Nobel site and although they have it listed I don't see a price.
Actually I'm the one who wrote the bit about bribery and corruption to get
my copy.  It is definitely worth the money to me.  It is going right into
it's place next to Queen Elizabeth's Closet Unlocked.  That book is also
printed in the UK by Maney publishing as are my Inventories of the Palace of
White Hall 1542.

I've been in touch with Janet Hogue and she has put me in touch with their
marketing manager Alison Holgate who asked what things the SCA might be
interested in.  I did my best to cover as much as I could and to assure her
that there were plenty of people outside the SCA "Period" or even
organization who were there ready to be marketed to.  She wrote me back with
these suggestions:

"It sounds like we have got loads of titles that would be of interest. In
the way of journals we have...

Costume: Journal of the Costume Society
Textile History
Arms & Armour
Exemplaria: A Journal of Theory in Medieval & Renaissance Studies (history,
theatre, literature, etc)
Medieval Sermon Studies
Medieval Archaeology
Post-Medieval Archaeology
Journal of the British Archaeological Association (?)
Vernacular Architecture (?)

In books we have:
Dress at the Court of King Henry VIII
Queen Elizabeth's Wardrobe Unlock'd"

Some sound a bit peculiar until you realize that Sermons frequently mention
articles of clothing that are too high, too tight, too revealing, etc.
Archeology is where we find a lot of textile or other finds.  Now I have to
have her give me some quotes for prices.  She was thinking it might be
possible to do something on the order of a special rate for people from a
particular e-group.  Such thoughts need to be encouraged!  I did mention
that Queen Elizabeth's Closet was a pretty sure winner for those of us into
that age.  I'm still kicking myself for only buying one of the mispriced
ones!

Wanda Pease