> Hi everyone, I've been inspired by fabric (an embroidered organza) to
start
> thinking about Regency, my biggest problem has been underwear but as
Past
> Patterns has a 20% off sale I thought that I might use Past pattern #001

> http://www.pastpatterns.com/001.html (as it's significantly cheaper than
the
> only other commercial pattern I know of for a Regency era full length
> corset, Mantua maker) c. 1810 outfit, even though it is actually marked
> 1820s-40s the pictures didn't seem too far off the Regency style corset,
has
> anybody used or looked at this pattern in detail and can you give me an
idea
> of how well it would work for a decade earlier or whether I should try
> making adjustments or maybe forgetting the whole thing.

That was the pattern I started from for my Regency corset, because it does
seem very similar to the c1810 corsets to me too :-) Just as a warning, a
friend of mine and I _struggled_ to do the fitting for the corset, 'cause
we'd chosen to do the one with no side seam (only bust and hip gores)
which eventually worked but was the most difficult fitting project that
either of us had ever done. Now that the construction is all done, it's a
wonderful corset! Fun to wear :-)
        -sunny

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or
disclosing its contents.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently
delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or
saving them.  Thank you.