I bought myself something that will help me learn more about making historical costumes.
That will able me to try out a lot with less cost.
Ever since I made my 16th century wedding dress I had the feeling that I couldn't improve myself on making better and more beautiful costumes because it was getting too expensive.
But I have found a solution.
I bought myself two Ball Jointed Dolls from Korea.
One 70cm male doll and one 68cm female. She will come somewhere in January but I am already making a bustle gown for her. A friend of mine has the same size doll. And yesterday we fitted the skirt and bustle and made a basic pattern for the bodice. I found out by making a dress shirt and pants for my boy Quinn that it is the perfect size for me.
Not to small and not to big.

Now I can get more experience and try a dress or a male costume in nice fabrics before I make it in full size.

And we bought some beautiful patten books on French Fashion Doll making. And I hope my husband will like making dolls so that he will be a doll maker on the Anton Pieck Parade next year. That would be fun making 19th century dolls while wearing 19th century clothing. I think the public will love it.