Greetings Allison,

I glossed right over that list, so thank you for
bringing it to my attention.

Two thoughts I have on slops. One is that further down
the same paragraph they note that both Catherine and
Mary are riding horses, since they get special
pillions saddles. Perhaps the slops were for when they
are riding their horses?

The other item is in the back of the book, Glossary,
pg 435
SLOP loose breeches or hose with wide legs; a cloak or
nightgown.

I think in the situation given, perhaps this time the
slops refer to a type of cloak? Not really positive,
and perhaps more info will come around further into
the book when they discuss women's clothing.

And while I read the women's section a bit, I jumped
around. Right now I am deep into Henry VIII's clothing
section, after having finished the black garments of
his father. Man Henry VII and his family wore a lot of
black garments!

Kimiko