I'd dry clean it also. However, do you have a cleaners that uses the CO-2 cleaning method? It uses far less chemicals and lower temps than regular dry cleaning processes. Since we got one in our town (Here in Lincoln, Nebraska, the chain is "Hangers"), I haven't used anyone else, and have had good results, including getting cigarette smoke smell out of a wool beret.

Another argument for dry cleaning - rayon can shrink, even in cold water on gentle - I washed the top of a rayon pantsuit after spilling something on it - it shrank enough that I couldn't button it after. It might make your dress look like it was made of "bubble" fabric - not a good thing.

Sandy