Here's a bit more info:

One of the nets is netted from 2-ply silk threads in green and white with
arms embroidered in silk and gilt silver thread. The arms were embroidered
on coarse linen ground and then sewn on to the net.
The other net is made from narrow woven silk bands, white, with parchment
bits sewn on to the crossings. The parchment was probably once blue. I have
long since wanted to reproduce that net, and I even managed to get parchment
and silk bands, but I haven't found the time yet.

Both nets come from art and antiquity sales, so their provenance is not
known, and dating is a little unsure because of the same reasons. They
probably date to the 14th c. though.

Greetings,
Katrin

At 01:00 PM 2/11/2008, you wrote:
Is this one woven (for lack of a better word) braid with spangles at
the intersections?

> 2nd half of the 14th C
> http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Castlegrounds/hairnets/c49.jpg

emma