Mourning underwear. Black petticoat for wearing under Ren dress so the dirt
doesn't show as much as with lighter fabrics.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 9:21 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [h-cost] Re: Linen costume question

I just scored 5 1/3 yards of linen blend at my local Joanne's on clearance
for only $3.00/yard!  The only trouble is that it is black linen - but I
thought "Hey, linen - only $3 - I can make something from that!"  My
question to the group now - what can I make? I do have linen in other colors
as  well, but what periods, styles or  types of garments could I use with
the  black?
Bodices? Petticoats? Dresses?  I'm open to most periods -  mostly involved
in Renaissance Faires - but also love Regency and late  Victorian/
Edwardian.  There is no hurry for this  -- I just need  to know some
possiblities.

Thanks to y'alls collective wisdom.

Donna Scarfe
Fyne Hats By Felicity