Wow, the Fleming Museum. I spent many days there when
I was a kid. My dad taught at the UVM College of
Forestry in the 60's and we would play on the grounds
while waiting for him. Do they still have the theater
in the basement? That was where I got my first taste
of costuming.

My sister (7)and I(10) were messing around and came
across students spray painting chain mail for the
Shakespeare Festival and let us help. I don't remember
now if the outfits were knit or macrame, but they were
made of rug type yarn and were being painted silver. I
talked my folks into taking me to the show and
remember being really struck by how very different
things looked on stage versus off.

I also broke my arm running down that big hill in the
front. Do they still have the ice cream factory? Man,
all sorts of memories popping up now! It was a really
cool place to grow up.
--- Hope Greenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > About how many period photographs do you own just
> for the costuming?
> >
> Well, not too many photographs were taken in the
> periods I'm interested
> in :-). But I do have a nice bunch of photos taken
> during a private
> visit to the attic of the Fleming Museum,
> Burlington, VT.

Rebecca Burch
Center Valley Farm
Duncan Falls, Ohio, USA

The only twelve steps I'm interested in are the ones between the flat folds and
the brocades.  --Anonymous Costumer--