It looks like Irish crochet, most likely imitating gros point de
Venise needle lace or the like.

Beyond Pat Earnshaw's books, which are great for finer earlier laces
but not more modern cheaper laces, a book I find easy to use for quick
lace id is:

"Guide to Lace and Linens, by Elizabeth M. Kurella isbn 0-930625-89-7

Katy

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 4:02 AM, Penny Ladnier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can anyone help me identify what type of lace is on a bodice circa 1900-1906?
>  You can view a photo enlargement of the lace at:
>  http://www.costumegallery.com/temp/1900beigebodicelace.jpg
>
>  Penny Ladnier,
>  Owner, The Costume Gallery Websites
>  www.costumegallery.com
>  www.costumelibrary.com
>  www.costumeclassroom.com
>  www.costumeslideshows.com

Katy Bishop, Vintage Victorian
[EMAIL PROTECTED] www.VintageVictorian.com
 Custom reproduction gowns of the Victorian Era.
 Publisher of the Vintage Dress Series books.