At 18:58 01/06/2008, you wrote:
>Don't nurses wear veils in the UK? I remember from several movies...
>Monica
Nurses don't wear actual veils, but caps, some of which are very,
very elaborate. St. Thomas's "sisters" used to wear a cap called a
Nightingale, which was a nightmare to fold and starch. Some Matrons
seem to have worn veil-like headdresses, and used to march along
corridors like ships in full sail.

Nuns still wear veils here, but fairly simple, going by the nuns from
the place just off Oxford Street, In London's West End.

Suzi