Hi - Jean here, I've changed my email address again!

The British Library, in their new building at St Pancras, is the National Deposit Library, which gets a copy of every book published in Britain. But you can't really just turn up and look at stuff, you have to prove you have a serious reason for research and apply for a reader pass... a lot of hassle! http://www.bl.uk/services/reading/reading.html

Jean

Zuzana Kraemerova wrote:
Well, last time I was in London I had just one day  - Saturday, and the R.D.Franks
bookshop was not open and then I was probably late to get to the largest London
bookshop on Piccadilly:-( All other bookshops I visited (Charing Cross rd etc.) had
only a small collection of costume books. The best place to buy such books was the
V&A museum shop. But I thought there must be another place with many costume
books? There should be at least one larger library, or art-oriented library... We
have one central library in Prague where you can find almost any Czech book, so I
thought there will be one in London, too?

Zuzana

Sartor...custom-made costumes
www.sartor.cz