Threads says the formula for synthetics is suitable for polyester and nylon.
Probably straight from the press release.

But nylon is relatively easy to dye -- use acid dyes, the same as silk and
wool.

And polyester is pretty much impossible to dye, and has consumed many a textile
chemist's career coloring the polyester before it's ever spun.

So I'm really curious about how this is supposed to work.

Ann in CT