>From my understanding each group leader (meeting?) decides when and which
>modern items conflict with community.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of monica spence
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 3:36 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Modest clothing, was FLDS clothing

Aren't there House Amish and Church Amish with different approaches to
technology?

If you found garments labeled 100% cotton, that were not, you can call  the
Federal Trade commission. The  miislabeling might be intentional, having to
do with quotas of cotton garments brought into the States. Me-- I would can
make a stink bacause the store is selling fradulently labeled goods to
consumers. The manufacturer in China is pulling a fast one in order to get
beat the quota system.

Who knows, you might save a job here in the US. But let me not get on that
soapbox.

Monica