First i am not sertain if the word is coif or hood, i am talking about the head
dress worn for the lady i am going to recreate:
http://www.my-drewscostumes.dk/br2.htm
What i can't figure out is the linnen part that peaks out from the black pearl
coif. To me i cant figure out how it can bend out in the oval sides without
bending in again at the ears, is it the painter who made something wrong or how
on earth is it done?
Can someone explain to me please?
I have ben so fortunate that a grave found recently found in Hørby Kirke from
1600 had a coif excactly like this i am going to make, unfortunately i am not
allowed to publish it yeat, because they want it to be published at the website
called: http://www.livinghistory.dk/- I have just printed out the pattern in
the right size and i guess i am going to use the same pattern for the under
linnen part, only slightly bigger.
I am very excited to start this projekt, and i must go hunting for pearls on
monday for the embellishment. I have planned to use some of my gold pearl purl
also.
It is a lady named Ester Grølsted, who made the pattern draft after original
wich was red silk.

Bjarne