Chris Laning wrote:
Yes, my chief concern would be finding a way to attach or hang the beads that
was *strong enough.* That many beads are going to be *very* heavy, and I'd be
afraid that even sewing them onto linen fabric would not be strong enough. I
would guess that the original beads were threaded onto the actual string from
which the net was made.

I was thinking, for stage use, if I was doing it I would try making paper beads right on the net, stretch it in a frame or something and roll slips of paper on it like this: http://www.tappi.org/paperu/art_class/paperBeads.htm

You could use silver or gold wrapping paper for metallic beads, and it would weigh a lot less than plastic or glass beads.

Dawn