I looked back at the photos. She is wearing a necklace that lies on her chest,
one that hangs from her shoulders and the girdle. The middle one is the one
that looks like an office insignia. That's the one I meant. The smaller
necklace and the insignia one have S on them.Sincerely, Rebecca Rautine> From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 01:44:54
-0700> Subject: Re: [h-cost] [ h-cost] Renaissance coif or hood> > Belt
part---> Do you mean girdle? Long necklace-like belt that goes around waist and
hangs> down center front? > > -----Original Message-----> From: [EMAIL
PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On> Behalf Of Kate M Bunting> Sent:
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:19 AM> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: [h-cost]
[ h-cost] Renaissance coif or hood> > > > Becky Rautine wrote:> > > >Sorry, the
second S is on her large necklace like a baron would wear or an> >official
ensignia. Are there many portraits where the perso!
 n wears 2> >necklaces? I thought they wore a necklace and the belt-like part
(I can't> >think of what it's called right now.> > Isn't this the IHS monogram
which we discussed a couple of months ago? It> was stated that this symbol
(representing the name of Jesus) was worn in> Protestant countries at this time
because a crucifix was considered too> Catholic.> > Kate Bunting> Cataloguing &
Data Quality Librarian,> University of Derby>