Driven all the independent fabric stores out of business within a fair sized
radius by low-balling them and now THEY go out of the Fabric business?
Seems typical.  Drive all other possible competition out and leave room only
for the cheap, Chinese stuff, made by people earning cents an hour with few
safety features, less health regulations, and outlawed unions.  This tends
to make the $1.00 a yard stuff too expensive.  Particularly if you are an
unemployed fabric maker in the Carolinas.  Might as well send .50 to China
and .50 to the Walton family.

I think I'll continue to praise the Powers that Be that Wal-Mart hasn't
succeeded in taking over Portland and environs (several towns around are
fighting it tooth and nail because of its eventual "buy from us or die"
strategy.  Pendleton Wool at $4.99 a yard, linen at less than that if you
know what you are looking for and are ready when the sales come up.

Wanda