Rickard, Patty wrote:
E)      Would it help me to create a sort of "portfolio" of the hobby things
I have done over the years with pictures, etc.?

Don't call them hobbies (pay doesn't matter) - they're legitimate skills!
and start thinking in terms of 'creating a portfolio' (removing the 'sort of' kind of thinking and the quotations around portfolio which make it seem like not a 'real' portfolio). check out the difference:
"I'll create a portfolio of my projects that showcases my skills"

I'm sorry I cannot advise you otherwise. Good luck!

liz young