Trupunto is a technique where a 3d effect is achieved by layering or creating
puckered lines around a shape. It can be over cording, cloth of a different
color or batting. It is often done with thread of the same color as the top
layer of cloth. It's it's own embellishment treatment. Lots of time but the
effect is well worth the effort.Sincerely, Rebecca Rautine> Date: Mon, 25 Aug
2008 13:03:53 -0700> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject:
Re: [h-cost] the name of an embroidery technique> > I believe you are talking
about trapunto.  It's a type of quilting technique.  Lynn> > --- On Mon,
8/25/08, J A Urbik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> > From: J A Urbik <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>> Subject: Re: [h-cost] the name of an embroidery technique> To:
"Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> Date: Monday, August 25, 2008, 2:41
PM> > Well.. if you are going to be technical..... yes, but it was coming up in
my> brain under embroidery. that, i think, just goes to show!
  something is wrong> in that particular organ.> > On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 1:32
PM, Lavolta Press> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:> > > Trapunto? Technically more of
a quilting technique.> >> > Fran> > Lavolta Press Books on Historic Costuming>
> http://www.lavoltapress.com> >> >> > J A Urbik wrote:> >> >> This name is
just not coming to mind, i want to do some, but i> can't think> >> of the name,
and i wanted to look at some examples before i get> started.> >>> >> What it is
basically is sewing together two pieces of fabric, then> >> stuffing> >> the
area of the design with some cotton so that the design gets a> little> >>
puffy.> >>> >> I think the name starts with a t, but am not sure...> >>> >>
Thanks for your time, Jordana> >>> >