Hi, I have read this thread with interest.  I just purchased a Janome 6600 and
am very excited to get sewing with it.  It is made of metal and has an extended
harp area.  If you would like to find how others like this machine, I suggest
you read the reviews on Pattern Review.com, they have many reviews.

It has an accufeed foot and a ruffler that works with it.  It also has about
150 stitches but I don't know the eyelet one very well.  The eyelet on my
Janome 9000 is not very well-reinforced.  I think you can repeat the stitch on
the same spot a couple of times and that might help.  I used it in the store to
sew on binding with the accufeed foot and it works a little better than my
regular machine, more even feed and less skipping.  I am making some rennie
faire bodices for some people and they are not too concerned about period
authenticity and like to use grommets instead of eyelets.

Some issues of the earlier models have been the paint chipping but I don't
believe that effect how it operates.

I was able to purchase it for $1200, and I purchased the table that it goes
with for an additional $200.

Kathy