Yes, that's the only way to avoid the constant 'out of office' emails. You need to set your email subscriptions to 'no mail' if you are getting your email at your office address.

Fortunately, this particular office seems to have a program that only responds once a day per address (or something) rather than responding to every single message received -- as happens on another list I read. ugh.

Yep - can't you temporarily turn the list off, then turn it back on again???

As in, cancel the e-mails, then set them up again...

---------

Ah, but this should be a point to remember for the rest of us. Do not have
automated messages for lists we subscribe to.