I would definitely need more insulation than even a flannel backed lining satin - Thinsulate is my fave. Here's one link:

http://www.seattlefabrics.com/insulations.html

HTH,
Sandy

At 02:18 PM 10/26/2008, you wrote:

This is a really cute coat!

I think so too -- making it for my 14 yo daughter in a mostly black plaid. Since we don't have enough fabric, the lapels and pocket flaps are plain black wool, same as the lining. She wanted it without either the bottom ruffle, or the sleeve ruffles, so it's a hybrid of the views shown.

As a winter coat, it will need some insulation in-between the fabric and the lining. Any suggestions? I was thinking the old-fashioned all-cotton quilt batting, sandwiched between some gauze would work, but since I'm posting OT here anyway, I thought I'd ask for suggestions of something better. Better as in: warmer and already faced with something.

Denise B
Iowa

"Those Who Fail to Learn History
Are Doomed to Repeat It;