Hi Folks,

Friends and I recently watched the 1935 Midsummer Night's Dream, and have been puzzling over the construction of Titania's costume. Does anyone have ideas?

Photos:
http://bp1.blogger.com/_zyFOBNA4Tys/RpF329zH5rI/AAAAAAAAARg/hbYpRYFNvdo/s1600-h/Anita+Louise+Fair+Titania.jpg

http://images.ulib.csuohio.edu/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/shakespeare&CISOPTR=65&CISOBOX=1&REC=1

The shiny drape-y parts seem too light to be bugle beads strung to hang down and drape, yet not light enough to be cellophane strips. I've been wondering if they might be strips of cut metal foil, like my parents' old real-metal Christmas Tree icicles: heavy, shiny, soft.

Google searches have not turned up any details, alas.

--

Cynthia Virtue and/or Cynthia du Pre Argent

 "Such virtue hath my pen...."  -Shakespeare, Sonnet 81

      "I knew this wasn't _my_ pen!"  --Cynthia Virtue