On Saturday 17 January 2009 11:03:24 pm Yolanda wrote:
> I mostly just lurk and learn things from all of your conversations but I
> need some help.   I need help on resources for Researching 3rd century
> roman clothing and don't really know where to start.  Book website and
> other general recommendations would be very much appreciated.  I did find a
> few things but my google fu is off.

Try this one for a start; it discusses third century costume and later in the
Roman "provinces":

Croom, A.T. Roman Clothing and Fashion. Tempus Publishing, Ltd., 2000. ISBN 0
7524 1469 0.

There's some more generalized information about the Roman textile industry
that late in the Empire here:

Rogers, Penelope Walton, Jorgensen, Lise Bender & Rast-Eicher, Antoninette,
eds. The Roman Textile Industry and Its Influence. Oxbow Books, 2001. ISBN 1
84217 046 5.

The bibliographies of both books should help also. Good luck.

--
Cathy Raymond <ca...@thyrsus.com>

"If someone offers you a dead dog for lunch, you don't stick around for the
pudding." --Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw