> Does anyone have a recommendation as to where I could buy some good quality,
> midweight cotton flannel.? I want something like what you find good flannel
> bedsheets made of - stuff that isn't thin & flimsy and doesn't pill up like
> crazy the first time you wash it.?

I am just finishing up a couple of nightgowns of flannel (yeah, flannel
nightgowns--want to hear my SO grind his teeth?) with flannel I picked up on
sale at G Street Fabrics.  It is double faced, very lofty and soft, and washed
beautifully--the best flannel I ever bought, head and shulders above the Jo_Ann
stuff.

http://www.gstreetfabrics.com

G Street does do mail order, and it would be worth contacting them to see what
they have.  One caveat--they carry fabrics of definitely different quality
levels, catering to different pocketbooks, of course.  I don't think all their
flannel is of this quality, so I would see if I could talk to a real person, or
get a swatch, before I bought.

Jane in No VA