On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Michelle Plumb <mpl...@wideopenwest.com> wrote:
> Waaaaah!  I wanna see all those lovely films but I live in Michigan!

Ditto, except I'm in Vermont!  (And strongly dislike California,
having lived there twice.)  But hey, there's 4 silent movies on TCM
tonight...

8:00 PM Navigator, The (1924)
In this silent film, two members of the idle rich have to move fast
when they're stranded on an abandoned luxury liner. Cast: Buster
Keaton, Frederick Vroom, Kathryn McGuire. Dir: Donald Crisp, Buster
Keaton. BW-60 mins, TV-G
9:15 PM Mabel and Fatty's Wash Day (1915)
In this silent short, a henpecked husband's innocent friendship with a
married woman leads to chaos. Cast: Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle, Mabel
Normand, Alice Davenport. Dir: Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle. BW-13 mins,
TV-G
10:45 PM He Did and He Didn't (1916)
In this silent short, when a doctor eats too much, he dreams that his
wife is unfaithful. Cast: Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle, Mabel Normand, Ben
Turpin. Dir: Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle. BW-21 mins, TV-G
3:15 AM Fatty and Mabel's Simple Life (1915)
In this silent short, a farmhand defies his boss to court the man's
daughter. Cast: Roscoe 'Fatty' Arbuckle, Mabel Normand, Al S. John.
Dir: Roscoe 'Fatty' Arbuckle. BW-24 mins, TV-G

It's a shame they seem to have abandoned the whole "Silent Sundays"
thing that they used to do!

-E House