Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 20:00:46 -0700
From: Saragrace Knauf <wickedf...@msn.com>
Subject: [h-cost] Pointed front kirtle - 1435 ~ 1450??
To: <h-cost...@indra.com>

I am looking at Hunnisett Medieval -1500 and wondering about her
justification for having a pointed front kirtle.  She seems to be using the
Magdalene portrait as her example...
www.navigo.com/wm/paint/auth/weyden/magdalen.jpg

She uses these to images to justify that the skirt is cut separately from
the bodice http://www.wga.hu/preview/w/weyden/rogier/05sevens/2sevens3.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/1/13/12318612
75475/Gallery-prado-on-google-e-004.jpg

- which I agree with.

Has anyone seen images where a point is visible in the front of this type of
dress?

Thanks

Sg