Sara, have you seen any of Alessandra Thor's original work? She is a Russian
dollmaker originally connected with the Seeley clan. I find her folk dolls to
be awesome...and she often dresses them in Old Time garb.
-----Original Message-----
From: "Saragrace Knauf" <wickedf...@msn.com>
Sent 3/31/2009 10:14:02 AM
To: h-cost...@indra.com
Subject: Re: [h-cost] "Russian" Peasant dress prior to 17th century?Ah ha!
Thank you.  I had seen the Kennedy book in OLC, but bad, prejudiced me, I
thought - Jackie Kennedy wrote anything worth reading???  Looking at Tilke
right now - very cooooool.....
So far, there are pictures and hints that this type of dress was typical "up
to" the 20th century...looks like I will have to dig further to see if I can
find any hard evidence to show it actually existed before the 18th century.
Thank you very much for the lead!
Sg