Please note that the copyright date on vintage commercial patterns NEVER
matches the actual date of issue. For some reason, they copyright date,
which is the only date I've ever seen on these, is always EARLIER than the
actual pattern and style.

The Vogue pattern (2885) looks very much like a wool wedding suit I have
seen, from WWII. The suit was made by a tailor (the bride worked for him)
and the jacket was straight on the bottom, not shaped like the Vogue
pattern. The skirt was more A-line, less tapered. BTW, the suit was from
Minnesota.

I've put some photos on my facebook page, and anyone can access them via
this link:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=67057&id=529974599&l=03d64ac9ae

Kim