In a message dated 4/6/2009 4:20:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lynndownw...@gmail.com writes:

A friend  copied an original 1910s 2 piece dress when she was pregnant,
> the top  consisted of a loose, smock-like, top which was belted with a
> sash at  the high waist, above the belly, and a separate skirt.  I have
>  come across several articles on maternity sewing in 'teens magazines.
>  Wish I had gathered then together at the time, but I didn't think I'd
>  be pregnant again.:~)

**********

I wonder if there is some sort of "aesthetic" dress of the period that  would
be an unstructured thing....like a Fortuny "Delphos" dress with its kimono
like jacket....or something The avante guard was quite chic and acceptable.  I
watched the film "Wings of a Dove" again and it reminded me of all the avante
guard dress that was going on in upper-crust circles. Charlotte Rampling
wears  things like hostess pajamas and turbans. A beautifully design, by Sandy
Powell, film that was mysteriously eclipsed by the very very inferiorly
costumed, and dull, "Titanic".

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221621488x1201450096/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DAprilfooterNO62)