From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Melody Watts
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 9:14 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] 18th century Tricorn hats ....round heads ...not!
..maybe...

Weren't the majority of the hats for the era, merely carried under the arm
or in the hand,as a sort of "fashion accessory"? So if not actually worn,it
wouldn't matter on the shape of the headpiece.
Perhaps they had "Dress"hats,with the rounded crown and "everyday/working
mans" hats,shaped for a head, that were worn, the Accessory hats,not
actually being worn and subject to sweat,weather and wear and tear will have
survived.The actual everyday worn on your head hat will have worn out and
been discarded eventually.
just a muse.....
melody