From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On Behalf Of
Saragrace Knauf [wickedf...@msn.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 2:34 PM
To: h-cost...@indra.com
Subject: [h-cost] Dyeing linen wool blend

Hi all, I bought this beutiful linen wool blend fabric (pale pink) with the
intention of dyeing it a darker color.  I use procion dyes on linen with great
success, but am a little leery of using it on wool.  I wrote dharma, who
usually has great suggestions, but this time the customer rep wasn't
encouraging:

>hello, thank your for contacting dharma trading co.,

>procion w/ soda ash can roughen wool, but is still the best dye for
linen. I would recommend >that rather than idye for natural fibers,
since idye can fade with every wash. there is always >the danger of
damaging a garment by dyeing it. I would only proceed if I was willing
to risk >ruining the garment.

As I pasted this response, I realize I was reading it as - "Don't try either
method unless you are willing to risk ruining the garment"  but maybe what he
meant was:  "use the procion, it is safe (though it may do funny things in the
wool) but don't use idye products."

What would you guys do???

Sg