I'm sorry to hear that Sg had such awful luck with Dharma customer service.
I asked them the exact same question last year and this is the response that
I got.

Joan

From: elizab...@dharmatrading.com [mailto:elizab...@dharmatrading.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:25 PM
To: Joan Mielke Yost
Subject: Re: Cross dyed fabric question

Hi Joan,

In regards to dyeing two toned cross dyed fabrics, the best dyes that we
have for this are the Alter Ego dyes. These are lots of fun and will give
you great two color effects that can be very striking. To use these dyes you
pick one color of each dye for each fiber, put them in a pot on the stove
with the fixative and put in your fabric. Each fiber takes up the specific
dye for that fiber type. If the fibers are blended together then you will
get a heathered/tweedy effect.

Here is a link to learn more about the Alter Ego Dyes:
http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/2976897-AA.shtml?lnav=dyes.html

Hope that helps.

Elizabeth

elizab...@dharmatrading.com

Dharma Trading Co.

P. O. Box 150916

San Rafael, CA 94915

800-542-5227 M-F 8am-5pm PST

http://www.dharmatrading.com

  _____

Hi, I want to know what combination of dyes I can use on a blended
protein/cellulose fabric to obtain a multi-colored cross-dyed appearance.  I
read recently that more and more fabrics are blended as yarns rather than
when weaving, so I don't know if this is possible.  I'm thinking about
hemp/silk and cotton/silk blends.

Thanks!

Joan