In a message dated 5/5/2009 3:41:01 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
sha...@collierfam.com writes:

Use  overlapped ribbon for the pleated effect on  the
front.

************

Um...why not just pleat the front? They look like box pleats as there is a
shadow on top and on bottom. I say this because the most striking effect of
the  dress is the ONE red fabric everywhere. The fringe could be the silk
of the  dress frayed. Unless you can find perfectly matching ribbon, silk and
fringe,  you will lose the effect.

And notice in the side view how full the back is. I'd bet there are
cartridge pleats at the CB (flay pleats elsewhere)....just like they do in the
1850's and 1860's. The dress could definitely fly for 1860, 1861. The men in
stove pipe hats help give the "period" away too. They are obviously  going
for the Victorian Gothic Novel look. Very lovely production design,  IMHO.
**************Remember Mom this Mother's Day! Find a florist near you now.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000006)