I've always used Stich 'n' Tear. It's not iron-on. You cut a strip and lay
it in the seam and sew through it, then tear away from both sides of the
seam. Works lilke a charm. It's especially good when lining velvet with
satin, which do not like to play nicely together otherwise. And it's heavy
enough to stay in place and not tear before you're ready, like during
pinning.

Glad the tissue worked for you, Penny. I just thought I'd add this
observation to the list

MaggiRos

Maggie Secara
~A Compendium of Common Knowledge 1558-1603
ISBN 978-0-9818401-0-9
Available at http://elizabethan.org/compendium/paperback.html
See our gallery at http://www.zazzle.com/popinjaypress