It's not clear to me whether you're looking to advertise a business,
outline the research youve done, explain the process of construction
or just host a "brag book".  I'm of the latter sort & use Google
pages, but I've heard it's closed to new members.
--cin
Cynthia Barnes
cinbar...@gmail.com

Here I come meandering along behind the times as usual, but I have
been thinking that it is time to have a costume "presence" on the web,
both for the purpose of organizing and storing information and
providing information to others.  Some of you on this list have the
most marvelous sites, and I wondered if you all would mind sharing
your thoughts on the best approach.  Frex, journal vs. website, vs.
blog?  What should I look at in deciding on a format?
I am leaning toward a website since I want to organize and categorize
information, not present it in a linear fashion, like on a blog
(assuming it is necessary to be linear on a blog, that is.  Maybe it's
not).  Also, I want site to be accessible to the outside world.
On the other hand, I have seen some outstanding LiveJournal pages, so
a journal site is an option.  What should I look for in choosing a
host?  How much storage capacity do I need (I intend to have lots of
pictures as well as text)?  What are my best web design options (I am
a cyber-neanderthal remember--I am most comfortable in the 18th
century).What other questions should I be asking that I do not know
enough to ask?

So many questions, I know, and honest--you don't have to write a
thesis.  But I would certainly appreciate any insight you might offer.

Thanks in advance.

Jane, techno-clueless in NO Va