A first for me, I am making a ruff.  I read the ruff advice area on Drea's
website, but am confused if it is better to cartridge pleat or just gather
pleats in groups.  Is there a good site with illustrations about how to make
the ruff?

My son and I are making an anime costume
http://www.geocities.com/eyesofaclown/images/Perriot.JPG .  Does anyone have
advice on how to attach the ruffles to the band.  I followed the ruff
calculator on Drea's site and put in the measurements as follows:
ruff depth: 5 inches
width of each sett: 2 inches
ruff height: 4 inches

Will the ruff height at the band be 4 inches?  If not, how high will it be at
the neckband?  Will it fan to 4 inches at the outer edge?

I am also looking for advice on starching a ruff.

Many thanks in advance.

Penny Ladnier
Owner, The Costume Gallery Websites
www.costumegallery.com
11 websites of fashion, textiles, costume history