The other thing that was big in my high school in the late 1960s was the
London Fog yellow poplin zip-front jacket.  They were really
ubiquitous--looking out at a school assembly,. one saw a sea of light yellow. And, rumor had it that they were stolen from our gym locker room. (I never had one of
these, either--pricey and not very practical for  Missouri winters.)  But
I'm curious if this fad was wide-spread during the late '60s at high schools
in other parts of the country.

How funny! I never new that was a large trend. I didn't have a london fog jacket, but I do remember a dearly loved pale yellow, zip front, hooded jacket. I'm pretty sure it was OshKosh, and it was made from what I'd call light weight canvas, or maybe denim, unlined. I LOVED that jacket and I was so sad when I outgrew it. I'm pretty sure it was second hand and I have no idea where it came from. I had that jacket in the mid 70s in Iowa.

Denise B