There's an excellent corded stays pattern put out by Past Patterns for this period. I've just cut it out and have to sew all the cording channels.
Regards,
Aylwen

Sent from my iPhone

On 29/07/2009, at 7:11 AM, Cascio Michael <rosen...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi all,
The thread on lacing was very timely as it got me going again on my late 1820s outfit so on to the questions. I'm looking at doing a late 1820s outfit from the skin out (I already have Fran's excellent book) and am not finding undergarments specifically dated to 1828. This is a transition period from the classical Regency look into the big gigot sleeves so the sleeve heads are large but not huge, the waistline has crept down to about the natural waist, maybe a little high but not right up under the bust. Classic Regency corsets are too short but a later corset (Edwardian) gives the wrong profile. Any help with links to 1826-1829 garments, particularly undergarment, or good pattern recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks. Cassandra