> Hi, I am going to do an early 17th century woman's middle class dress,
> location: Bohemia (today's Czech Republic, east of Germany if someone
> doesn't know), time: 1618-1648. I want it to look like this:
>

> http://link.library.utoronto.ca/hollar/digobject.cfm?Idno=Hollar_k_1716&query=Hollar_k_1716&size=large&type=browse

Hollar shows slight curvature along the center front, and the woman's
shoulders don't appear to be shoved backward like they were in the 1660s but
seem to be in the normal place.  So both examples of stays that you gave
links to seem to be later, as you guessed.  I'm thinking stays with no
shoulder straps, and none of the horizontal boning I'd expect those stays to
have.  Also I think your first example is longer than you need and your
second too short.  So if it was me, not being sure what the real ones would
look like, I'd find a pattern for stays that approximate the shape of the
woman's bodice, and go from there.

--
Carolyn Kayta Barrows