> There are still smell removers out there. Check at a pet store. The one I
> have is "Odo-Shield" and I seem to remember that it works, but friends of
> mine swear by some other stuff, used for removing skunk smell. (sorry, don't
> know the name)

That's specifically for protein-based smells, if I'm not mistaken, so
I'm not sure it will work on mothballs, which are chemical.

There's a product out there called Smellezeā„¢ Moth Ball Deodorizer...
no idea how well it works.

Also, a nice how-to here
http://www.ehow.com/how_4453525_get-rid-mothball-smell.html

Basically, all web sites say "don't try to wash it first" and "hang it
out in the sun". It takes time, but it works. Heat helps degrading the
molecules, so if the item can be ironed, that seems to help too.