From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Chiara Francesca
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:33 PM
To: 'Historical Costume'
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Opinions on this book

It is a very popular book with the libraries.

I have a copy that I found at Half-Price in Austin a while ago. It is a very
inexpensive book still. Kinda like "A Dictionary of Costume and Fashion:
Historic and Modern".

The great thing about these books? They force you to find the slapped
together images individually in their original paintings. The colors never
really match but it makes for a great visual trivial pursuit game with bored
costumers stuck somewhere too long. :D

The book I would recommend if you can find a copy is Dictionary of Costume
by R. Turner Wilcox.

?
Chiara Francesca
< Ehi Prof.! Che cosa facciamo stasera?>
< Quello che facciamo tutte le sere, Mignolo: tentare di conquistare il
mondo! >
(hint: italian)