--- On Sun, 11/10/09, Betsy Marshall <be...@softwareinnovation.com> wrote:
I've seen photos of your work, sir and am mightily impressed.SNIPPED.

REPLY
Betsy Marshall,

I thank you.
This is not something a modest man in his Third Age expects to have happen to
him; and you made my day, if not my week.!
>From your comment on seeing photos of my work, I think we must also be members
>of  another List. for I don't post many photos to List Albums, I'm far too
>diffident about what I perceive to be the lack of real quality in what I make.
Your comment had encouraged me to post pictures of a project my lady and I
completed almost a year ago, which might be of interest to THIS List.
Over a year ago, my lady and I delivered messages from across the Great Sea to
a gathering of the Society in which we joyfully follow our living-history hobby.
Wanting to do that Task with all due ceremony, to do Honour to the Senders as
well as to the Occasion, , we researched all the sources available to us, and
made two Tabards as would most-likely
 have been worn by un-Retained Heralds of our little isle, in the late 15th
century.
I know that many living history enthusiasts [especially  those in the UK
living-history community] do not have a high regard for the ethos of the SCA;
but to our minds, one of it's glories is it's Pyramid of Honours, - which
offers incentives for Members to study and improve the quality of their
clothing and equipment, and craft skills.
Knowing that one's efforts are appreciated by others in the Hobby is a
considerabkle reward, on it's own.
If you have questions about how we researched, designed, and made them, feel
free to ask.
 Cordially,
 Julian Wilson,
 dwelling in "old" Jersey.